Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Off to Amsterdam Pt. 1

The Team
Kenny Miracle     Jerry Bell



Ben Buysse

The Mission...

Amsterdam. It’s time to go back. I've been on 2 ministry trips there since 2004, and ss I prepare to go this summer, I’m realizing that unless I prepare in prayer, my going is in vain. Prayer is the most important thing. Leonard Ravenhill said that people shouldn’t preach until God kicks them out of the prayer closet. Without prayer, I am nothing; for it is only in that place of closeness with our Creator that we can truly find ourselves. Above all, that is what I ask from you.


What's Under the Surface?

Many are aware of the legalized drugs & brothels, but few people know about true Holland. After massive persecution during WW2 ended, the people declared a yearly Liberation Day to celebrate. Over the years, they’re cry for freedom has slowly turned into tolerance. Tolerance to the point where there’s a gay party going on outside a church at their Homo-Monument and no one flinches. I’m sure that believers haven’t always tolerated this, but when church buildings are turning into rock climbing centers and event venues, what can we expect... and what needs to be done?





Get the Church!

Not long ago, I knew God was calling me to go back to Amsterdam and help build the house of prayer. I asked my acquaintance Mareah, who is from Holland, and she said that unity in the church is essential to reaching these people. I’ve desired to pray for many things in this sin city of the world. However, the Holy Spirit has consistently led me to pray for unity among the believers. God wants to use His bride to reach this city.

2 comments:

Ashley W. said...

That sounds exciting, Kenny! Glad to hear you're doing well and going back to Amsterdam :)

Jerry Bell said...

Hmm... Someday It's goign to happen!